- The Use of Force by Police
The training of law enforcement officers involves a variety of skills, which include the use of force in particular situations to restore law and order.
- Mexican Drug Cartels
The paper discusses drug trafficking in Mexico and drug cartels effect: rampant violence, heightened corruption, human rights violation, impact on public health, human trafficking.
- US Local, State and Federal Police Agencies
Policing system in the United States is different from the ones applied in other countries because it includes three levels: local, state, and federal.
- Police Brutality Towards Protesters in USA
Since independence, the country has witnessed a number of cases where civil rights groups take off to the streets to protest against some of the issues considered oppressive.
- Marijuana Legalization and Benefits for the US
If marijuana is legalized, the police can allocate its resources towards combating more socially destructive substances like cocaine, LSD or heroin.
- Policing Standards and Law Enforcement in the US
The standards of policing in the United States have been compromised by the fragmentation of law enforcement into three levels which led to various issues.
- Police Corruption, Motivation, and Accountability
This paper explores the police corruption issue, the motivation behind this behavior, how it can be combated and discusses why corruption is not a necessary aspect of police work.
- Policeman of the World: the Way to the World Dominance
The USA has long played the role of the world policeman successfully and contributed to the restoration of peace in many regions.
- Servant Leadership in Police Organizations
This paper discusses servant leadership and its application in police organizations. Servant leadership has benefited many successful companies and could be applied in police organizations.
- The War in the Middle East and Iraq
The paper will point out the major events in the Middle region that lead to U.S. war with Iraq and I will focus on the aftermath.
- United States Public Administration Actions Analysis
Public administration is the process of developing and implementing government policies that enhance social justice in society.
- Gun Control and Proliferation in the United States
To understand the proliferation of guns in the United States, it’s important to have a look at some facts about guns in various U.S. states.
- Canadian Firearms Program
Conceiving and implementing efficient programs to minimize gun violence needs great priority at all levels of Canadian government.
- Ethics and Character in Criminal Justice System
Ethics and character are very important issues especially in law enforcement because they provide standards for excellent service delivery and performance.
- Bilateral Relation Between Mexico and USA
The United States has been at the forefront of assisting, Mexico by providing an alternative to drug business by encouraging other economic activities to develop Mexican economies.
- Ethnic and Gender Diversity Issues in Policing
The problem of the lack of gender diversity has to be managed on a statewide level in the police departments so that the needs of vulnerable populations could be met.
- Criminal Justice Systems of the US and Colombia
The Criminal Justice System includes the means for society to enforce the standards of conduct necessary to protect individuals and the community.
- Education for Criminal Justice and Police Socialization
While the judicial system has a substantially long history, education and further professional training for judges and prosecutors appeared only at the start of the 20th century.
- The Reputation of Law Enforcement: Negative Impact of Police Violence
The present research seeks to establish an association between police violence and the poor reputation of law enforcement.
- Hollywood vs. Reality Officer Involved Shootings Video
The issue of police brutality and the use of violence by police has been discussed profusely in the media lately and condemned accordingly.
- The Current Policing Strategy of the New York City Police Department
Nowadays, the necessity to discard the current policing strategy of the New York City Police Department (NYPD) is becoming evident both for authorities and citizens.
- Police Misconduct: Factors That Lead to the Vice
This study recognizes that the factors leading a police officer to misconduct are a complex mixture of internal and external to the police officer at any one time.
- Police Brutality against African Americans in America
The situation reveals the problem of racial discrimination and the ineffectiveness of the justice system that is supposed to protect the civil rights of all.
- The Concept of Police Corruption
This paper will explore the concept of police corruption, with a focus on criminal cops that engage in criminal behavior as active law enforcement officers.
- The Importance of Keeping Police Systems Open
Special attention should be paid to the importance of keeping systems open in today's world. The police department must be adaptable to the changing environment.
- Should Local and State Peace Officers Enforce Federal Immigration Laws?
An analysis will be made of the impact that the local enforcement officers have on the public due to their lack of willingness to enforce immigration laws.
- Police Patrolling Methods in the United States
For a society to ensure that law and order are maintained among its citizens, police must show their presence among the subjects through regular patrols.
- Noble Cause Corruption Among Law Enforcement Officials
The article examines the noble cause of corruption among law enforcement officials as the Achilles heel of the criminal justice system.
- Police Officer Training
Policeman is a profession where constant interactions with people required, every police academy graduate should be a good psychologist and should have great communicative skills.
- Implications of Use-of-Force for the Future of Police Management
For police management, it is often a case of walking a fine line between protecting victims by suppressing armed suspects or imposing limitations on officer actions.
- Metropolitan Police: SWOT Analysis Report
The purpose of this report is to assess the relationships between the Metropolitan Police and community-based organizations.
- Police Training in the United Kingdom
Police learning, roles, development, and training curriculum in the UK, is based on the national Learning and Development skills framework plan.
- Miranda Warnings: The History of Miranda Rights
Miranda warnings defend the right of all people for liberty and protection against unlawful or enforced witnessing, questioning, etc. stipulated in the Fifth Amendment.
- Police Report: Robbery
This article is a police report on the robbery of a girl that took place at a bus stop, describing the circumstances of the incident and the signs of the robber.
- The New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board
The New York City Civilian Complaint Review Board (CCRB) is a department that investigates or takes other actions concerning the complaints against the police officers.
- Crime Reduction and Prevention in Houston, Texas
The Police Department of Houston is working vigorously and communally with the public in preventing crime in the city by enforcing the law.
- The Connections of the Principles to Modern Day Policing
The policing field has its origin in England (Champion, 2005) and has developed through the ideas of Sir Robert Peel and his peers.
- The Exclusionary Rule: Impact on the Judicial Proceedings
The exclusionary rule is not only affecting police officers but judges as well. These two organs affect judicial proceedings and the outcome of a court case.
- Racist Notions of Certain Communities in Police Subcultures
The essay presents discussions on community policing relative to the prevalence of racist notions of certain communities in different police subcultures.
- Ethical Problems in Police Work
Most of the mistakes that arise from the law enforcement sector are those concerning discretion, honesty, loyalty, and duty.
- Police Cooperation and Administration in Europe
This paper will highlight the importance of restructuring of policies in the European police forces to embrace new techniques among intercultural human resource management.
- Police Role Descriptions in the Media
The public expects police officers to serve with courage and honor. The media criticizes them for their mistakes.
- Contemporary Community-Oriented Policing
The articles included in the annotated bibliography provide a thorough study of such phenomena as community-oriented policing (COP).
- The Work of the Modern American Police
The work of modern police has improved compared to the past, which speaks, in particular, about the quality of their education.
- Challenges Facing Police Organizations
The aim of this paper is to analyze and discuss the new challenges that currently face police agencies as a result of corporate crimes, and hate crimes.
- Racism in the Criminal Justice System
Racism is rampant throughout the criminal justice system. It starts with racial profiling and continues through the court prison and parole system.
- Community Policing and the Community
Community Policing is a form of policing which focuses on the use of the community to collaborate with the police as a way of dealing with crime and criminals.
- Police Discretion and Discrimination
In the police system, discretion and discrimination are two issues which are often confused and misinterpreted by the public.
- Sir Robert Peel’s Position on Policing
The purpose of this article is to review Sir Robert Peel's position on policing as well as current issues in the criminal justice system.
- The Police Undercover Operations
The main purpose of going undercover is to gather enough information to enable a successful prosecution of criminal.
- Development Project: Enhanced Police Patrol Drones for Crime Prone Neighborhoods
Drones are among the few technologies that law enforcement agencies could use to alleviate many of the challenges they face in their ordinary duties.
- Organization of Police Department: Area, Time, and Purpose
The organization of police forces is very important in determining the effectiveness of the police, it must revolve around who is going to do what, where, and when.
- Police Corruption. Definition and Types
Police corruption is a serious issue in police departments that is not always easy to measure, and it is critical to recognize the variety of its forms.
- Transitioning to Community Policing
As the head of the local police department, several issues have led me to think of implementing a community policing system.
- Community Policing: Governmental Strategies
Community policing is a scheme that promotes governmental strategies that help in maintaining efficient use of partnerships and problem-solving techniques.
- Community Policing: Impact on the Law Enforcement Agencies
The knowledge-based and problem-oriented approaches in social security and community policing greatly improves the efficiency of law enforcement agencies and their daily tasks.
- Bill of Rights and Challenges for Law Enforcement Agencies
This paper will look at the roles, and challenges of the federal, state, and local laws, and give some recommendations to the challenges faced by law enforcement agencies.
- The Use of the Internet in Police Technology
This essay presents thoughts on the importance of the Internet as a law enforcement tool. It includes communicating within various police departments.
- Canadian Police Powers
The legal rights under the Charter of Freedoms also stipulate that citizens should not be subjected to any cruel or unfair punishment while they are under police custody.
- Comparison Between Germany & America’s Correctional Systems
This study paper seeks to establish a comparative analysis between German and American correctional systems. It discusses which correctional system is more effective.
- Federal Law Enforcement Agencies
Federal law enforcement is defined as a structure of enforcing the law in countries that have a federal government that has control all over the country.
- Miranda Rights. A Content Analysis
The Miranda rights, also known as the Miranda warning, are an iconic legal term associated with law enforcement.
- Police Corruption and its Causes
Police corruption refers to the taking of bribes, illegally transferring confiscated goods, and laundering money.
- “Police Technology” by Raymond Foster
This essay aims to explain the behind-the-scenes actions from the book ‘Police technology’ by Raymond Foster, which contains a description of technological tools.
- Evaluation of the Effectiveness Texas Death Penalty Law
Texas is leading among states practicing capital punishment for a criminal offense. The conflicts surrounding capital punishment are numerous, with many calling for its abolition.
- Concepts of Community Policing
The introduction of community-oriented policing has revolutionized the war against crime. It is because most global communities participate actively in policing initiatives.
- Legal Issues in the Use of Force by Law Enforcement
Use of force by law enforcement officers to accomplish a justifiable police function such as defending self and others in making arrests.
- Informed Opinion on Tory Crime Plan Fails Victims
The mismatch of financial resources and the introduction of reinforced laws will not contribute to sustain and maintain stability and order in society.
- Canadian System of Justice and the U. S. Justice System
Juxtaposing Brannigan’s and Packer’s positions, it can be stated that the difference between models is based on different values taken to accuse people.
- A Time-Travel: Police and the Changes They Underwent
The report is set out to outline the changes the police force in the UK underwent and suggests several promising strategies for this structure.
- Community Policing Approach in Combating Crime
Community policing refers to a system whereby the community is actively involved in the maintenance of area security. This system relies on the goodwill of the community members.
- Culture of Policing in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Improving the health of disadvantaged children and providing social and economic stability to such families in Albuquerque would help reduce crime.
- Public Police as a Method of Regulating Crime
This paper attempts to achieve a deeper understanding of the strategies, management, and implementation of community policing.
- Policies of Two Components of the Criminal Justice System
The criminal justice system consists of three agencies, police, courts, and corrections. Each of these agencies operates individually, however, they all are closely interconnected.
- The Los Angeles Police Department Gang and Narcotics Division
One of the main responsibilities of the Gang and Narcotics Division is to disrupt the criminal ties, their manufacture, sales connections.
- Proposal and Presentation for Giving Grant
After the analysis of crime patterns within its jurisdiction, the Los Angels police department recognized that the education of its residents is very crucial in crime prevention.
- Community Policing and Activities
Community policing can be used to minimize fear of crime by using various strategies such as involving the community in their police activities.
- Communication Climate in Los Angeles Police Department
This paper discusses the Communication climate in Los Angeles Police Department. It also finds out the strengths and weaknesses of the organization’s communication process.
- Police Administration: Law Enforcement
Most important is administration staff in various departments which include the offices of captains, lieutenants sergeants because they are at the forefront of law enforcement.
- Egypt Protester’s Trust of the Army Over the Police
The Egyptian population mistrusts the police and trusts the army because the police give highly uncertain arrests and punishments.
- Differences and Similarities of Federal and State Governments
The criminal justice system in the USA consists of three major agencies, police, courts, and corrections. These agencies are interdependent and have different histories.
- ERG Theory as Applied in the Police Force
This paper examines how the motivation of employees is applied at the Los Angeles Police Department. It describes how the police department applies one of the motivation theories.
- “Learning From 9-11”: Changes in Police Departments
In the article "Learning From 9/11: Organizational Change in the Police Departments " community policing is reviewed to identify changes in the organization after the 9/11 attack.
- How Police Department Can Increase Efficiency
The following essay explains how to address the different challenges of the police department operations that one can face as the city's chief of police.
- Government Policing and Its Unique Challenges
This paper explores government policing in the context of major challenges encountered in the police department.
- Tackling Police Authority Abuse in Ferguson Missouri Police Station
This reflective treatise reviews the most appropriate police management strategies to integrate at the Ferguson Missouri Police Station to avoid police authority abuse.
- Police Challenges - The Formula of Success
The success of the police departments at curbing issues of corruption and brutality will mean success to society in fighting crime.
- Police Officers: Hazardous Working Conditions
The aim of the paper is to investigate the level of hazards for police officers with regard to the stress to show the necessity for rehabilitation measures for police officers.
- The Ferguson Missouri Incident: Ethical Dilemma
This article is the author's reflection on the response to the incident in Ferguson, Missouri, involving the shooting of an African American by a police officer.
- Community vs Traditional Policing: Efficiency and Accountability
This paper emphasizes traditional and community policing and tries to compare and contrast the two on aspects of efficiency and accountability.
- The Benefits and Problems That Are Associated With CompStat
CompStat is a strategic management tool that is used in police departments to achieve both short-term and long-term goals.
- Sir Robert Peel's Position on Policing
This paper studies the trials faced by the criminal justice system and whether Sir Robert Peel's principles of law enforcement can be used to bring order to the police department.
- The Racially Biased Policing
Recently, the police agencies have set up internal controls with the major aim of eliminating racial profiling.
- Standard Police Models in Reducing Crime
The articles included in the annotated bibliography about the effectiveness of standard police models in reducing crime.
- Urban Violence: A Case Study
This paper aims to discuss various ways in which the public and the government have failed in resolving the violence in Ferguson – the shooting of a teen boy by a police officer.
- Skid Row Areas: Community Policing
Police officers can adopt various approaches when they need to work in the areas what are badly affected by poverty, homelessness and crime.
- Becoming a Police Officer in the US
For one to become a cop or police officer in any state within the United States of America, several qualifications must be met. This paper discusses these qualifications.
- Malfunction Junction Case Study
The paper describes how might reorganize the police department to move away from its current traditional organization.
- Community Policing and Its Importance for Community Members
This paper seeks to explain what community policing is all about, its relevance, and its importance for community members.
- “Predicting police job satisfaction...” by Brough and Frame
This article seeks to critically evaluate the study by Brough and Frame by giving a general overview of the study, description of the research problem.
- Police Involvement Towards Immigration Laws Enforcement
This paper aimed at determining the reasons underlying the disparity in police involvement towards the enforcement of national immigration laws.
- Warrantless Search and Seizure Memorandum
The essay outlines the facts of the incident in the form of a formal memorandum, addressing it to Judge M. Pearson as articulated in Beckham’s The Prosecutor.
- Prevention of Police Misbehavior
Prevention of police misbehavior is no simple task. Discussions can be held and penalties can be imposed to help prevent cases of excessive force and abuse of power.
- Researches in Supporting Decision Making: Police Field
The purpose of this paper is to critically evaluate the impact of studies and research in supporting decision-making in the police field.
- Analyzing the Concept of Police Discretion
Often the decisions of law-enforcement officers can give rise to controversies. This paper examines how such a concept as police discretion can be applied to this question.
- Computers and Technology in Law Enforcement and Investigations
The use of technology and computers in law enforcement is particularly crucial as time for attainment of justice reduces. It has saved the costs of traveling to report crimes.
- Policing Evolution in the United States
This paper discusses the main types of law enforcement agencies, police recruitment and training, functions and organization of the police, and styles of policing.
- Police Strategies to Curb Crime Activities
The police are the key members of the society who enforces law and order. They apply different strategies to curb criminal activities that are committed by malicious people.
- History of Intelligence-Led Policing
Intelligence-led policing focuses on risk assessment as well as risk management in crime control. In this policing paradigm, the role of intelligence is to guide security operations.
- Police in Action: Discussion
In the following paper, the role of law enforcement in crisis intervention will be discussed, will be provided the plan of action for the described situation.
- Challenges of Law Enforcement - Policies Issues
This research paper will discuss the role of intelligence-led policing used by security agencies in fighting major crimes across the world.
- Writing a Police Report: Key Points to Consider
Every police report obviously has certain special paragraphs used to describe the unique peculiarities of a certain event and highlight the important information related to it.
- Activities for the Organization of Effective Protection of Public Order
Identification of the key technical, administrative, conceptual, and personnel skills required to work effectively in the field of human resource development within policing programs.
- Consequences of Police Brutality on Society
Police brutality is an issue that almost every state has to deal with, and it has dire consequences for the community.
- Greenfield Police Department's Hiring Process
The police department has faced changes in its recruitment process of personnel but the Greenfield Police Department’s hiring process has not changed over the past decades.
- Community Policing Advantages and Success Reasons
Community policing involves organizational strategies that utilize partnership in order to find a solution when public safety is threatened.
- Community Policing: Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
The design of community policing entails a more open relationship between the police and the public which gives the police a more proactive role in the community.
- Police Culture and Diversity
This paper aims to discuss the impact of culture and diversity on law enforcement. It will explore the presence and extent of cultural diversity in law enforcement agencies.
- Information Technology Importance in Community Policing
Information technology has been an enormous help to the police department, as it has made fighting crime fast and easy.
- Police and Policing Challenges Placed by Society
Modern society places a number of important challenges on policing. Such challenges are connected to the usual areas where the work of the police is important.